Controllerless Networks

Upcoming community maintenance Oct. 27th through Oct. 29th
For more info click here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

IAP-335 two uplink interfaces, how to configure

How to configure two uplink interfaces to use port1 for 5Ghz traffic port2 to be used for 2.4Ghz traffic?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: IAP-335 two uplink interfaces, how to configure

On Aruba Instant you can use LACP to aggregate the traffic from the AP, but 2.4ghz and 5ghz will not be on separate interfaces:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_83_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#Instant_UG/Wired_port_profile/lacp_support.htm?Highlight=lacp

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

On Aruba Instant you can use LACP to aggregate the traffic from the AP, but 2.4ghz and 5ghz will not be on separate interfaces:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_83_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#Instant_UG/Wired_port_profile/lacp_support.htm?Highlight=lacp

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Video Knowledge Base
Remote Access Point Solution Guide
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
ArubaOS 8 ViA VPN Solution Guide

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

any idea how can we set different static ip address in eth1? (secondary eth uplink)

Highlighted
MVP

Pretty sure the IAP can only have one IP-address. Most common usecase for Eth1 would be either link-aggregation for link redundancy, bridge a vlan and/or daisy-chain another AP in lack of another network port.

Regards
John Solberg

-ACMX #316 :: ACCX #902 :: ACSA
Aruba Partner Ambassador
Intelecom/NetNordic - Norway
----------------------------
Remember to Kudo if a post helped you! || Problem Solved? Click "Accept as Solution" in a post!
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: