Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-92 in the same network, i want do split two VC

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-92 in the same network, i want do split two VC

Posted Feb 13, 2014 04:59 AM

Hi,

I have two IAP-92 in the same network 192.168.1.0/24, I want to be separated into two VC. I disable auto join option, but IAP-02 still join IAP-01.What should i do? thank you.

• 2.  RE: IAP-92 in the same network, i want do split two VC

Posted Feb 13, 2014 05:14 AM

Hi macgyver7059,

If your IAPs are in the same network segment you can't have two VC. The only thing you can do to have 2 separate VC is to deploy the IAPs on different VLAN. In this way the IAPs will not see each other.

[If you found my post helpful, please give kudos]

• 3.  RE: IAP-92 in the same network, i want do split two VC
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2014 06:44 AM

On IAP-01, make sure there is not an entry in there for 02 in the allowed-ap list.  Check again you have auto-join disabled.

On IAP-02, clear the configuration and then log in and reconfigure with different VC address.

That should work, but as m.gallina said, it is better to have them on different subnets.

• 4.  RE: IAP-92 in the same network, i want do split two VC
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2014 08:03 AM

You can convert them to standalone mode as well :)

Many regards, 

Marek Krauze

ACMX #295

• 5.  RE: IAP-92 in the same network, i want do split two VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 13, 2014 09:31 AM

What is the use case for this?  If you want the concept of "AP Groups", we will be able to help soon

• 6.  RE: IAP-92 in the same network, i want do split two VC

Posted Feb 13, 2014 10:04 AM

Hi SethFiemonti:

Beacuse my customer will 4 floor IAP & 1 floor IAP connect the same L2 switch device, but hope IAP can be different user control and 1 floor user can't see 4 floor broadcast SSID and switch can't use vlan.

• 7.  RE: IAP-92 in the same network, i want do split two VC

Posted Feb 13, 2014 10:13 AM

In current IAP SW you cannot do this.     The only workaround is to make the 1 IAP a "Standalone" IAP.   As a Standalone it will not attempt to join another cluster and you can manage it separately.  Note, no other IAPs will be able to join the Standalone IAP either.

As Seth mentioned we do have a feature coming in the next Major release that will allow you to do what you need but that is 4 - 8 weeks out roughly.