Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 93 point to point wireless bridge

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 93 point to point wireless bridge

Posted Mar 21, 2013 11:57 AM

I know that IAP 93 doesn't support mesh links but, our seller tell us that we can configure IAP 93 as a point to point wireless bridge. How can i configure it?, i don't get it working.

Thank you in advance

• 2.  RE: IAP 93 point to point wireless bridge

Posted Mar 21, 2013 06:32 PM

Hi,:smileyhappy:

From the userguide:

Mesh service is automatically enabled on 802.11a band for dual-radio IAP only, and this is not configurable.

As far as i aware - you need minimum iAP-105 to start using MESH and use the 802.11a in order to connect backual traffic between units.

Have a lovely night. :smileywink:

Me

• 3.  RE: IAP 93 point to point wireless bridge

Posted Mar 25, 2013 04:59 AM

Hi, thank for you reply.

I know that IAP93 has no mesh support, but  someone from Aruba tells me that i can configure two IAP92/93 as a wireless bridge, without client service. This is not Aruba mesh, is just a wireless bridge that i need between two buildings

Regards,

• 4.  RE: IAP 93 point to point wireless bridge

Posted Apr 23, 2013 02:03 AM

did you get any solution for that??

• 5.  RE: IAP 93 point to point wireless bridge

Posted Apr 23, 2013 03:29 AM

Hi,

Technical support send me a special firmware for doing this.

My experience with this firmware is that is really unestable and you have to use level 3 routing in the last AP of the bridge. For integration purposes this is a nigthmare.

This bridge only works on 2,4Ghz radio.

In my opinion, forget about using IAP 93 for point to point bridge.

Regards,

• 6.  RE: IAP 93 point to point wireless bridge

Posted Apr 23, 2013 09:48 AM

Mesh, on Instant, is only supported on our dual-radio models such as the IAP-105, 135, 175.  It is not supported on single-radio like the IAP-93.

**Edit...oops. I just saw that someone else already mentioned that in an earlier post.