Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-93 upgrade, max supported firmware

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  IAP-93 upgrade, max supported firmware

Posted Jun 06, 2016 08:56 AM

Hi, I'm fairly new to the use of the Aruba software, and Iam managing a client with an existing IAP-93 setup.

Thanks to expansion of their building, I had some IAP-103's brought in for expanding the coverage since they are supposed to work fine with the current setup.

I know that the software version should be the same to have the new 103's included in the same cluster, but with the 103 at 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11 out of the box, the 93 can't upgrade past 6.2.1.0-3.4.0.1, it keeps stating that there are no newer versions available.

Of course I can download some software version from the support, but how do I know what version is or isn't supported?

With the whole "if it ain't broken" thing in mind, I just want to make sure the software version is a match with nothing too fancy past that.

Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks very much in advance...

• 2.  RE: IAP-93 upgrade, max supported firmware
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 06, 2016 08:58 AM

There is a bug that does not allow AP93s to upgrade from the cloud unless upgraded to 4.1.1.3 or above.  Please download 4.1.1.11 for the AP93 here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Default.aspx?EntryId=20377

• 3.  RE: IAP-93 upgrade, max supported firmware

Posted Jun 06, 2016 09:03 AM

Hi Colin,

That explains a lot :) Thanks!! 

Downloading and scheduling the update right away!