Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP CLUSTERING

This thread has been viewed 9 times
  • 1.  IAP CLUSTERING

Posted Mar 17, 2020 09:38 AM
      |   view attached

Hi all,

In my organization we are using IAP205 type, here AP ip is 192.168.90.3,90.4,90.5,90.6. In this one 90.3 is virtual controller IP.my problem is how can I create a master ip because of this issue I can't cluster my AP'S.here we are using mac authentication so I need enter each ap's for add mac of laptop because of this clustering issue.

I enter in 90.4 and I saw that master:192.168.90.4, virtual controller IP:192.168.90.3 likewise other ap's master is changing in 90.5 master IP is 90.5, in 90.6 master IP is 192.168.90.6 but virtual controller IP same in all AP's. Please check the attachment.

please tell me how to create the cluster

• 2.  RE: IAP CLUSTERING

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2020 09:57 AM

Are you saying that you cannot see all of the access points in the Virtual Controller? 

• 3.  RE: IAP CLUSTERING

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2020 10:01 AM

Please look at the quick start guide here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=37006

Please start with the section "Deploy APs in an Instant network" and take it from there.  Everyone should start with the quickstart guide so that they know what principles they should follow, first.

• 4.  RE: IAP CLUSTERING

Posted Mar 17, 2020 10:05 AM

yea, in virtual controller I can't see any ap's

• 5.  RE: IAP CLUSTERING

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2020 10:12 AM

Can you login to the Instant APs individually?  Have you used the quickstart guide to setup your instant cluster?  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=37006

• 6.  RE: IAP CLUSTERING

Posted Mar 17, 2020 10:31 AM
      |   view attached

yes, I can log in all AP'S,4 months before only this issue started before that in AP 192.168.90.6 I saw all other AP's, but now I need to enter separately.

today I enter in one ap from system option I disabled auto-join mode then I saw all my AP'S in 90.6 but that is showing a message that AP is not connected. please check attachment

• 7.  RE: IAP CLUSTERING

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2020 10:33 AM

I would keep a single access point up, and factory reset the other 3 to see if it fixes your issue.  It is hard to say what your problem is from the limited information that you provided.  Auto Join should be on for it to function properly.

• 8.  RE: IAP CLUSTERING

Posted Mar 17, 2020 10:46 AM

can you please tell me that how can I change my master IP

• 9.  RE: IAP CLUSTERING

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2020 11:13 AM

If you are using dhcp, the Virtual Controller ip address is just the ip address of whatever device is the master.  You can set that ip address statically by setting the virtual ip address parameter to a separate ip address in that same subnet:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_85_WebHelp/Content/instant-cli/virt-control.htm?

• 10.  RE: IAP CLUSTERING

Posted Mar 17, 2020 09:57 PM

Change Management IP address of VC in System Setting. Then Reboot All APs. Then Upgrade Cluster to Possible Latest  Version.