Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP LDAP Authentication can authenticate android, but cannot authenticate pc

This thread has been viewed 10 times
  • 1.  IAP LDAP Authentication can authenticate android, but cannot authenticate pc

Posted Dec 30, 2017 07:25 AM

Hi everyone,

Currently i have problem with my aruba iap 315, so my client want to authenticate wifi's clients with LDAP Server. When i tried to connect with pc/laptop it is not working, and debug show this :pc auth rejected.png

But when i tried with my android phone it success :

Android auth Success.png

I already installed EAP-GTC pluggins for windows client. So can anyone help me with this? I'm affraid i missing some steps.

Thank you,

Fauzi N

• 2.  RE: IAP LDAP Authentication can authenticate android, but cannot authenticate pc

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 30, 2017 08:55 AM

I would not use EAP-GTC or Termination with LDAP for Windows devices.  I would install NPS on your Windows server, instead and use Radius and MSChapV2.  The EAP-GTC shim has not been updated for years, and when things do not work with it, it is difficult to understand why.  It is also impossible to configure your clients for GTC with group policy, which means you would have to install software and touch them all individually. GTC has support with handheld mobile devices, but MAC OSX has removed it natively and Windows has no support outside of installation of additional outdated software.  When it doesn't work, LDAP doesn't provide alot of information why not.

Detailed information on how to Install and configure NPS is here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Step-by-Step-How-to-Configure-Microsoft-NPS-2008-Radius-Server/ta-p/80672

• 3.  RE: IAP LDAP Authentication can authenticate android, but cannot authenticate pc
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 16, 2018 02:57 AM

Hi,

Thank for your suggestion. But lucky me i just find the solution. So the problem is from the client's setting, just simply uncheck validate server certificate. And it work well

wifi gpo3.png