Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP MAC Authentication with Internal Server issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP MAC Authentication with Internal Server issue

Posted Sep 27, 2013 11:46 AM

Hi,

I have one IAP93 with firmware release 6.2.0.0-3.2.0.2. I have a problem with MAC Authentication.

I set a SSID with security WPA2-PSK plus MAC Authentication on Internal Server; i insert the MAC address of my client in the users list of IAP and everything works fine. But the day after, the same client is not able to connect again to SSID. I check the list of users (MAC address) on my IAP and I find the MAC Address that I have inserted the day before changed! For example, if i inserted the MAC 00246ccc909f, when I check the IAP i see the MAC 00246ccc909d.

Do anyone see this behavior? Can this be a bug of IAP firmware?

Thanks,

Massimo

• 2.  RE: IAP MAC Authentication with Internal Server issue

Posted Sep 27, 2013 01:09 PM

I have not seen this behavior myself.  Your IAPs are running an old version of SW and there have been a number of MAC auth issues fixed since then.   The current release is 6.2.1.0-3.4.0.2.  You might try upgrading and see if this behavior is resolved.

• 3.  RE: IAP MAC Authentication with Internal Server issue

Posted Mar 10, 2014 06:07 AM

I am using Aruba IAP-105 with firmware version 6.2.1.0-3.4.0.1_39461. When I enable mac authentication my windows 8 users alone unable to connect the wifi and this is issue is only with the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter but with the same adapter my windows 8 users are able to connect to the wifi without mac authetication. Don't have any clue to narrow down the issues... Please help

• 4.  RE: IAP MAC Authentication with Internal Server issue

Posted Mar 11, 2014 03:27 PM

@borusrj wrote:

I am using Aruba IAP-105 with firmware version 6.2.1.0-3.4.0.1_39461. When I enable mac authentication my windows 8 users alone unable to connect the wifi and this is issue is only with the Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter but with the same adapter my windows 8 users are able to connect to the wifi without mac authetication. Don't have any clue to narrow down the issues... Please help

please create a new subject for your question.

and as already mentioned in the orginal post, you are also running an older version, please have a look at the latest.

• 5.  RE: IAP MAC Authentication with Internal Server issue

Posted Mar 11, 2014 07:00 PM
    Do you mean that these clients would work properly if mac auth is disabled, but fail if mac auth is enabled?

To debug, could you share the output of ?show tech-support? from the AP where the client is connected?

• 6.  RE: IAP MAC Authentication with Internal Server issue

Posted Mar 12, 2014 01:49 AM

Yes Liu clients work properly if mac auth is disabled, but fails if mac auth is enabled and it happens only with the Windows 8 OS with Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n Wifi Adapter.

• 7.  RE: IAP MAC Authentication with Internal Server issue

Posted Mar 12, 2014 01:51 AM

Hi boneyard I am gonna do the firmware upgrade, actually I didn't do that just because my Aruba local support vendor asked me not do any upgrade. They don't know any troubleshooting

• 8.  RE: IAP MAC Authentication with Internal Server issue

Posted Mar 12, 2014 10:18 AM

Hi,

I have not updated on my situation more, so here I am to do this; after the SW upgrade of the IAPs the customer has not complained more.

Good Luck borusrj! :smileywink:

Massimo

• 9.  RE: IAP MAC Authentication with Internal Server issue

Posted Mar 12, 2014 08:30 PM

I had similar issue with IAP135 running on older firmware (Can;t recall) after the upgrade it is fine till now.