Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Multicast Issue

This thread has been viewed 8 times
  • 1.  IAP Multicast Issue

Posted Mar 29, 2016 02:35 PM

I have devices wire into the same POE switch that my IAP's are connected to, and there is only 1 (the default) VLAN. I can't discover wired devices through multicast using wireless clients. Wired devices can discover just fine, but the IAP isn't passing the multicast.

Network Info:

DHCP is network assigned.

Default VLAN, I also tried static 1

Under the services tab, all services are selected to be enabled (bonjour, dlna, etc)

If there's any more relevant info that I'm missing please let me know. Maybe it's just a side note, but I know that when I manage IAP's from Aruba central there's an option for multicast optimization, but I'm using the Instant UI not central.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: IAP Multicast Issue
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2016 03:12 PM

What multicast method are you using to discover devices? You may have to mess with some of the AppRF/AirPlay stuff for i-device discovery.

Under each SSID there are fields to fiddle with broadcast and multicast operation - I'd start there:

filters.png

Try turning off filtering and optimization - then tuning for performace without breaking any needed 'casting.

• 3.  RE: IAP Multicast Issue

Posted Mar 29, 2016 07:36 PM

I don't know how I missed this. I think I was over complicating it.

Disabling broadcast filtering solved my problem.

Thank you for your quick response.

• 4.  RE: IAP Multicast Issue

Posted Mar 02, 2018 08:53 AM

This work to me: "Try turning off filtering and optimization - then tuning for performace without breaking any needed 'casting."