Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP + Redirect URL w/o external authentication

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP + Redirect URL w/o external authentication

Posted May 07, 2014 05:20 PM

Hello,

I'd like to have a guest portal simply redirect to a predetermined external website.  So once the clients connect to the open AP, if they try go to www.purple.com for instance, they get redirected to www.red.com ... is this possible with the IAP or are we forced to use external authentication.  If external authentication is required, the simpilest would be to use Auth Text but it is unclear how we'd get that text back to the IAP to allow data to flow.  Any examples?  Everything I've found on here mentions it but have not yet found a good, working example.

Thanks

• 2.  RE: IAP + Redirect URL w/o external authentication

• 3.  RE: IAP + Redirect URL w/o external authentication

Posted May 08, 2014 09:39 AM

Hello Victor,

Yes, I have tried that already and it does work, however there is a very long pause while it times out (resulting in a delay of actually getting redirected).  If there was a way to tune the timeout to like 1 second, it may work better but as-is, it appears something is broke for a while until things timeout and it redirects.

Thanks