Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP Swarms generating error message

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  IAP Swarms generating error message

Posted Dec 15, 2014 02:31 PM

I am in the process of diagnosing client connectivity issues with IAP 225's.  I enabled error level syslog on two swarms and am seeing the following error:  "Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at wifi_mgmt_recv_frame, 7331....."  I could not find anywhere that references this other than a few posts and a manual that said if this is seen to contact the provider.  I don't know if this is related to my issue or not.  The IAP's are on their own management network untagged with two other networks tagged to the AP.

#AP225

• 2.  RE: IAP Swarms generating error message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2014 03:40 PM

Could you describe the connectivity isssue you're having please.

• 3.  RE: IAP Swarms generating error message

Posted Dec 15, 2014 03:48 PM
      |   view attached
    During school passing time the wifi grinds to a halt for users still in classrooms. I have personally seen pings drop for 3-5 minutes. Classroom coverage is approx. 75%. I am experimenting with raising minimum data rates and enabling local probe threshold request for the open public network which is a bulk of our client count.

• 4.  RE: IAP Swarms generating error message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2014 04:15 PM
    Do you have 'drop broadcast/multicast' enabled?

• 5.  RE: IAP Swarms generating error message

Posted Dec 15, 2014 04:24 PM

The IAP SSID Brocast filtering option is set to ARP now but was ALL previously and the behavior did not change.

• 6.  RE: IAP Swarms generating error message

Posted Dec 15, 2015 11:20 PM

I also have a very similar issue. The output from show log system is:

stm| |ap| Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at wifi_mgmt_recv_frame, 7282, wifi_mgmt_recv_frame:7282: NULL src-mac, frame type=0, subtype=15

I too would like to know what the specific error message is and how to address.

• 7.  RE: IAP Swarms generating error message

Posted Mar 08, 2017 05:25 PM

I am also receiving many many runtime error at wifi_mgmt_recv_frame, 7282 from all of my APs.  Did you ever get to the bottom of this?