Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Re: IAP Virtual Controller web interface stops working

really can;t think of anything else. Try upgrading and change the VC Master and see if it helps.

Normal Guy
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor II

I figured out what was causing the problem with the GUI not repsonding.

I had assigned a DHCP reserveration for the master AP that was tied to its MAC address. I assumed that virtual controller IP and master AP needed the same address.

When the master role was changed to another AP, all communtication was lost to my orginal master. I basically had to AP's trying to use the VAC IP address.

I removed the DHCP and MAC address entry from my pool and just excluded the VAC IP address from the pool. Now all my AP's have a different IP address then the VAC IP address and communication to VAC GUI has not been lost. 

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

My IPs are all static. No DHCP.

Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

try patch to the latest firmware via the support site else do a sniffer trace to see what is stopping the GUI from loading,

Normal Guy
Highlighted
All-Decade MVP 2020

Try patch to the latest firmware via the support site else do a sniffer trace to see what is stopping the GUI from loading,

Normal Guy
Highlighted

We are facing same problem like yours. There are two clusters of 10 APs in a building segmented into two VLANs, but apparently one or the other or both controllers are in-accessible after random amount of time. Only way to access the VCs is to reboot the AP clusters. One forum suggested me that there may be IP conflict with the IP address of VCs. I think the issue is not at all related to IP address conflicts.

I also tried changing the VC's preferred master setting, still the problem persists. I tried ssh to the master but it is of no help.

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Do you mind opening a ticket with Aruba TAC so this issue can be debugged?
Highlighted

Aruba support says that "devices doesn't have a valid support contract anymore". But as far as I know things are purchased in two phases. One lot is about 1year six months (30 Nos. of IAP93) old and second lot (100 Nos. of IAP93) is about 5 Months old. Moreover, AirWave licenses augmented with 150 licenses during 2nd lot purchase which is 5 months ago.

Since we are not using any controller and all deployments are Virtual Controller based and well within the specified limit of 16 IAPs cluster.

Pl. suggest.

Highlighted
Aruba Employee

Could you share 'show tech-support' from both VCs?

Highlighted

Pl. see the attached tech support dump.

Thanks

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: