Controllerless Networks

IAP Wi-Fi Uplink , Eth port suddenly not functiong (light on) but no comm between lan to unit

Hi Guys,

Good morning,

I have a an issue,

Please look on the following diagram:

IchilovRentgen_Diagram.jpg

I connected an AP-103 as a client to an existing Aruba network , the wi-fi uplink working great,I also converted the AP to standalone mode , and marked the SSID not to be turned off when no uplink avilable , so far so good :) MY ISSUE:  any X time if using/moving - the client connected to the IAP ETH port (That is with ETH0 bridge) get disconnected , and it's seems that the wired interface of the AP aint working (it's happning in 3 diffrent AP'S i tested with two diffrent computers connected to the ETH0 of the AP) , i in that moment im connecting to the IAP wireless , everything is working , it's just the wired port that is on but suddenly dosent do no DHCP and even no answering to Static IP pings from client to PC , reseting the unit (IAP ) solving the issue.

What might causing that? (Spanning tree?) Why the eth0 stop acting as needed while using?

Please advise .

Regards,

Me.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Guru Elite

Re: IAP Wi-Fi Uplink , Eth port suddenly not functiong (light on) but no comm between lan to unit

What version of instant?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos

Re: IAP Wi-Fi Uplink , Eth port suddenly not functiong (light on) but no comm between lan to unit

It's happend on two diffrent InstantOS's (One of them is: ArubaInstant_Pegasus_6.4.3.4-4.2.1.2_53307 )

Tommorw i will on site and try to continue debug (And hope to solve the issue) .

Our Issue: Every once in a while ( Usually couple of minutes)  ETH PORTS seems up but stops doing any traffic to the client pc that connected to the IAP eth port.

We deployed 3 IAP units , 1 on each cart , the IAP creating a unique SSID for each cart (Different SSID for every cart) on 5GHz 44/44+ channel and ETH0 bridging marked in order to transmit the same VLAN as the cart SSID. Each IAP also connected with Wi-Fi 2.4Ghz uplink to the site Wi-Fi network (WPA2Personal Aruba controller based environment ) – the Wi-Fi uplink is usage for management only. EACH IAP on EACH cart is converted to standalone.

*****************2Plus Wireless Solutions****************************
Aruba Airheads - Powered By community for empower the community
************ Don't Forget to Kudos + me,If i helped you******************
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: