Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP and CAP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP and CAP

Posted Jun 26, 2012 05:31 AM

Hi everyone,

I do know that it's possible to convert an IAP to a CAP through the web-interface in the IAP. But just two follow up questions;

If, for whatever reason, you'd like to convert an CAP to an IAP, is it manual management by having to manually upload the firmware?

The second question - If a customer is using an IAP solution and decides for whatever reason go for a mobility controller based solution - Is there any way to quickly convert the config from an IAP based solution to a Mobility controller based solution, or is it necessary to redo the config on the mobility controller?

Thanks,

Tommy

• 2.  RE: IAP and CAP

Posted Jun 26, 2012 03:52 PM

To covert an IAP that is acting as a CAP back to an IAP, all you have to do is reset the AP and it will have the IAP image . You dont have to manually upload the firmware.

As for as the configuration, i don't think there is a way to move the IAP config to the controller. The controller has to be configured seperately.

Regards,

Sathya

• 3.  RE: IAP and CAP

Posted Jun 27, 2012 02:18 AM

Thank you for your reply!

I thought as much on your second answer, would've been neat if you just could export and import the config into a mobility controller. Maybe a future feature? :smileyhappy:

On the question converting an CAP to an IAP. I was more curious if you could convert a CAP to an IAP, which never has been an IAP to begin with?

Regards,

Tommy

• 4.  RE: IAP and CAP

Posted Jun 27, 2012 08:39 PM

CAP's can't be converted to an IAP unless they were originally an IAP.

I believe there are some subtle differences in hardware (the reset button for instance) that makes them slightly different even though they look and operate the same.

Scott