Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP default auth server certificate replacement error

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  IAP default auth server certificate replacement error

Posted Aug 26, 2016 12:24 AM
      |   view attached

Dear Community. I am trying to replace the default auth server certificate on an IAP 225 with a trusted go daddy certificate.

When i upload the certificate the IAP throws an error:

"cert_upload_cannot_find_private_ke_txt"

How shoud the private key be presented to the AP as part of this process, the AP does not does not ask for the private key during upload, should it be in a text file and named appropriately?

There are no similar issues reported on the community and no aruba documentataion which refers to the private key during upload.

I attach a screenshot of my attempt to upload the certificate.

Any help appreciated.

• 2.  RE: IAP default auth server certificate replacement error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 12:34 AM
    Export your certificate and private key in PFX format and them upload to the VC.

• 3.  RE: IAP default auth server certificate replacement error

Posted Aug 26, 2016 12:38 AM

Hi there, thanks for th reply, I dont have the facility to export as you say.I merelly download the .cer file from the issuing CA. I have the private key saved in text format. How do I go about this please? Thanks

• 4.  RE: IAP default auth server certificate replacement error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 26, 2016 12:46 AM
    You would need to merge them into a PFX/P12 using openssl.

• 5.  RE: IAP default auth server certificate replacement error

Posted Aug 26, 2016 01:26 AM

Hi Tim, Having tried to merge the certificate and key using open SSL I now get the message "the file .....pfx" was not uploaded because it is not a properly formatted certificate file.

• 6.  RE: IAP default auth server certificate replacement error

Posted Aug 26, 2016 01:41 AM

Hi Tim, having merged the crt and privete key using open ssl I have now generated a pxf file as suggested.

I am able to import this certificate into my windows 10 personal certificate store no problem, and it shows it has the corresponding private key.

However, when I attempt to upload to the IAP to replace the auth server certificate I am presented with the follwing messgage "the file authserver.pfx was not uploaded because it is not a properly formatted certificate file". Any help appreciated.

• 7.  RE: IAP default auth server certificate replacement error

Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:42 AM

I am getting the same error "not properly formated file"

• 8.  RE: IAP default auth server certificate replacement error

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 16, 2017 09:53 AM

Please look at the post here and see if it applies to you: http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-Create-a-Certificate-for-Instant-Captive-Portal-using/ta-p/277025

Start with "After you do that certificate authority will either allow you to download or will email you two files:"

• 9.  RE: IAP default auth server certificate replacement error

Posted Feb 08, 2018 05:25 PM

After looking through this and the linked similar case, it's actually simple but very non-standard.

1.  create a file that combines the cert and the private key (non-encrypted, which is typical): 

cat put-your-cert-here.pem put-your-private-key-here.pem > aruba.pem

2.  Upload that.  Wait a while (a long while if it's a 4096 bit cert).