Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor II

IAP managed by Airwave-IGC. How to enable LACP?

I have some Instant AP340 units that need to have LACP enabled.

The APs are managed by Airwave and using Intant GUI Config.

All the documentation I've found about LACP for Instant APs only shows CLI commands, therefore I assume that this feature is not configurable from GUI and therefore not from Airwave-IGC.

1. What is the default status of LACP on an IAP340 v8.3? I assume it is disabled.
  2. What is the best way to enable LACP on the APs?

My current plan is to change Airwave Group to monitor-only, edit IAP config locally via SSH, then return Airwave Group to managed mode. But then what will happen to my saved LACP commands next time Airwave tries to update the AP config?

Re: IAP managed by Airwave-IGC. How to enable LACP?

You assume correctly, there is only CLI to modify LACP.

IAP supports dynamic LACP by default according to a peer switch (dynamic LACP).

Back in Instant 4.2.3 we introduced the capability to configure static LACP. This is still the status-quo with 8.3:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_83_WebHelp/Web_Help_Index.htm#Instant_UG/Wired_port_profile/lacp_support.htm

lacp-mode enable

This command

a) is a per-ap setting

b) CLI only

c) requires a reboot to become active, since it is an environment variable, which is read and applied during boot of the IAP.

While I have not tested this, you should be able to execute this command and it would not interfere with IGC, once you return to managing the IAP with AirWave.

It is recommended to explicitly enable static LACP instead of relying on the automatic detection.

Frequent Contributor II

Re: IAP managed by Airwave-IGC. How to enable LACP?

I found that the lacp-mode enable command is not entered in configuration mode, and therefore does not require a commit-apply, and therefore can be applied while under full Airwave management (i.e. don't need to change Airwave Group to monitor-only mode).

AP16# show ap-env

Antenna Type:Internal
Need USB field:Yes
name:AP16
uap_controller_less:1
AP16# lacp-mode enable ?
<cr>

AP16# lacp-mode enable
AP16# show ap-env

Antenna Type:Internal
Need USB field:Yes
name:AP16
lacp_mode:enable
uap_controller_less:1

Thanks for the tip to reboot, the AP does give output for show lacp status by default, so I would not have thought of rebooting.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: