Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
Guru Elite

Re: IAP not able to join VC

Jer,

If you have prerelease software, you should contact whoever gave it to you to understand what the problem is.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

Alright, so now I have several IAP225's all with the same software version (6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666).

I did the same test and run into the same issue.

I've 2 IAP225's connected to the same switch, in the same VLAN. Port settings are identical, trunkall and both configured with the same native VLAN.

In addition I've connected 3 other IAP225's with the same software version and run into the same issue. Although the first IAP225 is working as expected, a second IAP225 is not able to join the cluster.

When I disable to 'auto join mode' feature, I do see the mac address of the IAP in the web interface of the VC, and is being marked red; "this AP is not connected'. It has received an valid IP-address (from a DHCP server) and responds to ICMP requests.

Any ideas what might cause the second IAP from beinging prevented being part of the cluster?

Highlighted
Guru Elite

SSH into the VC and type "show log system" to see if there is something keeping them from joining.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

I've just checked and see the following message in the VC, as can be noticed in the added file.

Seems it keeps trying to send the software, but both already have the same and latest software version; ArubaOS (MODEL: 225), Version 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11

Also, even if it is not the same wouldn't the VC be resonsible to upgrade any AP that is joining the cluster? (apart from the AP updating its software from the cloud)

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

I've resolved the issue.

After changing the tag settings from untag ap mgmt only to untag all and then back to untag ap mgmt only and a reboot fixed the issue.

Probably some code got 'stuck' and was solved either after the reboot or after changing the tag setting.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: