Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP to configure 3 SSIDs attached to 3 VLANs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP to configure 3 SSIDs attached to 3 VLANs

Posted Apr 24, 2017 04:22 PM

Hi all,

I've got a trunk with VLAN ID 8,12,16 respectively and want these VLANs to be attached to the SSIDs I created in the IAP accordingly:

SSID WIFI8 --> VLAN 8 --> subnet 10.1.8.0/24

SSID WIFI12 --> VLAN 12 --> subnet 10.1.12.0/24

SSID WIFI16 --> VLAN 16 --> subnet 10.1.16.0/24

The IAP is connected to a trunk tagged with VLAN ID 8,21,16 while the IAP has been configured to let the client IP assignment be "network assigned" while client VLAN assignment is "static".

There's a DHCP server configured at IP 10.1.2.4 with IP helper configured in the the switch.

However, none of the connecting client to neither SSID is getting any IP. Is there any pointer to this predicament I'm having?

• 2.  RE: IAP to configure 3 SSIDs attached to 3 VLANs
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 24, 2017 04:40 PM
    Is the VLAN which you are using for the IAP's management configured as a native (untagged) vlan on the same port? If you configure a single switch port with the client vlan as a test, does a wired client obtain an IP from the vlan?

The IP assignment and VLAN assignment under your SSID configuration is correct, which makes me think the native vlan maybe missing from your switch config.

• 3.  RE: IAP to configure 3 SSIDs attached to 3 VLANs

Posted Apr 24, 2017 06:48 PM

zalion,

if I was to configure the wired port to the IAP as untagged VLAN ID 16 and configure another SSID 'example' with default VLAN and connect a client through, it'd be getting an IP from subnet 10.1.16.0/24 flawlessly ...

does that give you anything?

• 4.  RE: IAP to configure 3 SSIDs attached to 3 VLANs

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Apr 25, 2017 03:15 AM

Hey, there should be no reason for this not to be working if your configuration is correct. Would you be able to post the IAP configuration and switch port configuration showing the 1x untagged vlan and 3x tagged vlan for the SSID's?

• 5.  RE: IAP to configure 3 SSIDs attached to 3 VLANs

Posted Apr 25, 2017 12:52 PM

OMG!! You're so right .. it happens just that a trunk over a trunk isn't being tagged properly .. this is embarassing! Thanx zalion!