Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP with Clearpass for Guest Access Issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP with Clearpass for Guest Access Issue

Posted Oct 17, 2013 12:08 PM

Cluster of 3 IAP's providing employee wireless as well as guest wifi.  Guest access is configured to redirect clients to a captive portal page configured on clearpass for radius auth.  have this EXACT setup in 5 other branch offices with no issues.. and this has been working for about a year and all of a sudden the clients are not being redirected anymore.. just in this office.  IE error page cannot be displayed.  The clients are able to manually get to the URL.. I have the IP address configured, so dont think its a DNS issue.  they are gettinga valid IP from the DHCP pool. can ping the gateway.. can resolve nslookups.. I have restarted all IAP105's in the cluster.. have restarted the clearpass server.  re-entered the shared secret everywhere.. I do see an error in the clearpass system logs regarding one of the AP's in the cluster that is affected. "request failed: error reading the headers"

• 2.  RE: IAP with Clearpass for Guest Access Issue

Posted Oct 17, 2013 12:33 PM

restarted DNS on the local DC resolved issue.  DNS after all :)