Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP207 does not boot up if ethernet is connected!?!

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP207 does not boot up if ethernet is connected!?!

Posted May 07, 2019 06:33 AM

Hi All,

Just experienced weird problem with IAP207...

IAP207 will not be connected to internet at all and it's only bridge for wireless remote controlling of audio mixer. Only one vlan is involded and no dhcp or other services in this network.

I made normal initial Instant configuration via "SetMeUp..."-ssid (fixed ip address and one ssid) and made sure that I can control this single ap via ethernet also (works normaly) After configuration I tested control system for audio mixer also and everything worked fine.. At this point there was 12v external power supply to provide current to iap!

Then I made permanent cabling to iap using small unmanager PoE+ switch and after 10 minutes I noticed that System led was still blinking and Radio led was off... So I went back to 12v external power, booted iap and after about 2-3 minutes Radio led was on and iap was working.

After that I made connection to audio mixer by using ethernet cable and tried to reboot whole system. Again after about 10 minutes system was not ready and System led was blinking and Radio led was off. Then I tested to take off the ethernet cable from iap and after maybe 30-50 seconds Radio led went on and system starts to work just by taking of ethernet cable and put it back after less than one minute..

Any idea what could be the problem here?? IAP cannot be connected by using ethernet because it will not be initialized? Sorry about I don't have firmware version information give but iap is just bought so which ever version is now in currently shipped versions 

• 2.  RE: IAP207 does not boot up if ethernet is connected!?!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 07, 2019 08:17 AM

You probably have to connect through console cable to check the output of the IAP to fully understand the reason why it contiuously reboots.

• 3.  RE: IAP207 does not boot up if ethernet is connected!?!

Posted May 07, 2019 08:37 AM

No I have no console cable to connect and it does NOT reboot itself constantly...

When I power it on while iap's ethernet is connected, it does not show any ssid's or enable ethernet to access instant controller.

• 4.  RE: IAP207 does not boot up if ethernet is connected!?!

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 07, 2019 09:24 AM

If the AP does not work when the ethernet is connected, the access point could have been connected to Aruba Central by the last user and is still under that control.  I would contact Aruba TAC to have it removed:

https://www.arubanetworks.com/support-services/contact-support/

• 5.  RE: IAP207 does not boot up if ethernet is connected!?!

Posted May 07, 2019 11:02 AM

Access point is brand new and there was no clue that it has been used earlier.

IAP boots up normally IF ethernet is not connected and when iap is up and running (SSID is visible and leds are both on..) I can connect ethernet to mixing console and everything works okay.

• 6.  RE: IAP207 does not boot up if ethernet is connected!?!

Posted May 07, 2019 01:11 PM

Check your "Out of Service (OOS)" settings under WLAN settings -> Show Advanced Settings.

• 7.  RE: IAP207 does not boot up if ethernet is connected!?!

Posted May 09, 2019 02:59 AM

Got information from client that OOS is in default ("VPN down" = "None") which I have used to build up many systems earlier without such problem.

Any other ideas?