Controllerless Networks

Re: IAP225/205 Mesh Portal and Point Disconnects

It just depends on the topology of how the APs are deployed. You would just want to do a per-AP static channel for each AP you want to run as a portal.

Jerrod Howard
Distinguished Technologist, TME
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor I

That will probably work better than setting the entire VC cluster to just work on one channel. I did that. It seems to work a lot better.

Is there any good way to troubleshoot why arm would be switching to an empty channel so often?

With IAP there is no functionality that prohibits an AP from changing channels when mesh is enabled (not really for AOS either). So if there's no clients on the 5Ghz radio (assuming you have client aware enabled) if the AP scans for 5Ghz and finds a 'better' 5Ghz channel, it will move, even with mesh enabled, and it's obviously very disruptive. In many cases the 5GHz mesh for instant is used when they just need to reach the last leg for client access Aps, but for bridged network backhaul, when you want the 5GHz radio to chose stability over the best channel, a static assignment should be used. It would be good to have some kind of logic where 'is mesh is enabled on the 5Ghz radio, only change channel if absolutely necessary'. It's something I will add to my wish list :)

Jerrod Howard
Frequent Contributor I

That would be a great feature, or if client aware took into account wired users.

Thanks

N

Agreed, and it's on my list to discuss with the descision makers next week at Atmosphere. it's just a tricky wicket to kill, but I think we can make it work (at least make it MORE resilient than it is right noe heh). 

Jerrod Howard
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: