Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP275 and the new AP375...

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP275 and the new AP375...

Posted Nov 01, 2019 02:59 PM

I have a deployment, mesh style, of IAP275s and IAP277s. These radios are now End-of-Sale, though still supported until 2024. So now our clients want to expand this deployment and add a few more locations (its a water treatment facility) into the mix. Well, IAP270 series is no longer an option and the recommended replacement is the AP375. I have been told by a distributor/reseller that the AP375 is NOT compatible with the IAP270 series. I thought that as long as they have the same firmware rev, that they would join the cluster and then be able to mesh with the others.

Can anyone confirm/deny this for me? I really don't want to tell the client that they would have to replace the entire deployment that was only installed less than two years ago.

• 2.  RE: IAP275 and the new AP375...

Posted Nov 02, 2019 09:59 AM

I can't see why an IAP37X would be incompatible with an IAP27X. That doesn't appear to be true.

Like you said, just put them on the same firmware and you'll be fine.

• 3.  RE: IAP275 and the new AP375...

Posted Nov 05, 2019 10:59 AM

Thanks James, I appreciate the response.

However, before I go and get one, can any of the Aruba product peeps chime in and verify? I would hate to be doing a $2000 experiment...