Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP93 access query

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP93 access query

Posted Jul 23, 2013 02:57 PM

I have completed the Aruba Instant Course 2 months ago and now have an install coming up for 13 x IAP93. I got one to familiarise myself with the config etc and found it easy to configure the IAP93 and it has been working perfectly. I need to know how I now access the AP to check and ammend the settings. Originally there was a Wifi called Instant and I accessed this with the www.instant.arubanetworks.com as shown in the instructions but short of defaulting the AP I cant seem to access the AP even though the AP is working perfectly.

Please can you tell me how I go about getting access to the login screen of the AP?

Obviously something very simple

Many thanks

• 2.  RE: IAP93 access query

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2013 03:21 PM

You should be able to access it via the LAN at the IAP's IP address.

https://<iap-address:4343/

• 3.  RE: IAP93 access query

Posted Jul 23, 2013 03:32 PM

Tim

Many thanks for your help but I cant seem to find the IP address?

• 4.  RE: IAP93 access query

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2013 03:34 PM

For the wireless networks, are you using the IAP as the gateway? If so, connect to an SSID, then you should be able to access the gui through the gateway IP.

• 5.  RE: IAP93 access query

Posted Jul 23, 2013 03:37 PM

The gateway is the wireless router 192.168.1.1, the AP is working wired from the router through the PoE injector on another floor. I am connected to the SSID but cant seem to get to the GUI through the www.instant.arubanetworks.com which is the way you set them up originally when they are out of the box

• 6.  RE: IAP93 access query

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2013 03:38 PM

You'll need to get on the router and see what it gave the IAP for a DHCP address.

• 7.  RE: IAP93 access query

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 23, 2013 03:40 PM

instead of www.instant.arubanetworks.com...try...instant.arubanetworks.com

Connect to the SSID you previously configured and try the above URL...

• 8.  RE: IAP93 access query

Posted Jul 24, 2013 09:29 PM

If the above suggestions fail you can also connect to the console port on the back of one of the IAPs.  Once logged into the console use the command "show ip int brief" to see the IP addresses assigned to the IAP.   You can then use this IP in the browser.

• 9.  RE: IAP93 access query

Posted Jul 23, 2013 03:40 PM

OK, The router was supplied by Sky TV so I will have to ask them for the password. Many thanks for your help Tim, much appreciated.