Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Identify IAP from AP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Identify IAP from AP

Posted Dec 21, 2013 02:44 PM

I'm in the market for an IAP-135 and have seen many listings on ebay and Amazon, but of the photos I see (and the two APs that I've actually received) that are listed as IAP-135, they all bear model numbers showing AP-135.  I would think that the model number sticker would say IAP-135 as opposed to AP-135 - am I correct?  Or is it just a blanket model number designation and it depends on the hardware/firmware inside?

• 2.  RE: Identify IAP from AP
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 21, 2013 02:54 PM

An IAP looks identical to a regular AP in every way except for one small sticker  on the back of the AP.

Here is a photo of the back of an IAP-105-US.  You can see the sticker with the bar code indicating that this is an IAP.   It will always be "IAP - <model> - <country code>"IAP-sticker.jpg

• 3.  RE: Identify IAP from AP

Posted Dec 21, 2013 03:15 PM

Thanks -- that's what i thought.  Seems too many people are selling these things that have no idea what they have.  Below are the two that I purchased.  The small sticker says AP-135, so it seems that's exactly what I have.

Edit:  pardon the poor termination on the ethernet cable in port 0 of the second photo -- it was just one I grabbed out of a box to see if this AP would even boot up while I was waiting for a reply.  I certainly am not the one who terminated it :smileyhappy:

• 4.  RE: Identify IAP from AP

Posted Jul 25, 2015 02:06 PM

I am in the market for IAP-135 as well and received two units the seller swore are IAP-135 that turn out to be AP-135. Where is the best place to procure used IAP-135 for my house?

• 5.  RE: Identify IAP from AP

Posted Jul 25, 2015 03:27 PM

There really is no best place to find one.  I eventually gave up on finding a used IAP on eBay as every one listed turned out to be an AP version.  I finally found a good price on a new one, albeit in the $750 range.  If you do find one (new or used) at a good price, insist the seller send you a photo of the rear and compare it to the one above to make sure it has the IAP-135-US sticker.