Instand AP and Public Wifi
06-27-2013 02:30 PM - edited 06-27-2013 05:28 PM
I'm a newbie in Aruba world and I need to implement a free public wifi setup using IAP and ClearPass.
The splash page will is hosted on Clearpass Guest so that content can be added later.
Although I ran into few issues at the start, I managed to get this up and running to some extent.
I created a new web login page and the parameters are as follows:
- Authentication: Anonymous (Do not require a username or password)
- Anonymous User :AAA_Guest
- Pre-auth check :Local-match a local account
- Terms : enabled “requires a term and conditions confirmation”
The questions I have for the above setup are as follows:
- what is the upper limit for the number of sessions allowed using the AAA_guest username?
- can we control the duration per each session for the account AAA_guest?
- last not least, is this the best approach to achive the above mentioned outcome?
I also noticed that sometimes I get re-directed to https://instant.arubanetworks.com:4343/ instead of the requested site.
As I'm a newbie on Aruba I'm sure I'm missing something fundamental here.
Based on the attachment.it seems that some sort of MacAuth is in place. I did not enable MacAuth during configuration.
If you have any pointers/advice I would appreciate it very much.
I had this posted on the remote/branch design sub forum beforebut I think this would be the most appropriate forum.