Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant 105 slow connection, high drop on rf, and high cpu usage

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant 105 slow connection, high drop on rf, and high cpu usage

Posted Oct 15, 2014 03:19 PM

Hello Everyone,

I work for a school district and we have 10 aruba APs at our main office. 2 of those are in one section (One is a controller and the other a 105) that are working fine. In the building a little ways down we are having some problems with our other 8 (different network SSID than the other two and using virtual controller). They are all 105s and starting over Monday we have had network issues. At different parts of the day they would all show between 75 and 100% CPU Ussage and no one would be able to surf the web. All of the charts looked the same for every AP on the virtual controller as long as one person was connected. When checking the RF tab I was finding that we had gone from 0 drops to over 3k at that exact same time. Does anyone have a possible solution for this? If we leave them be they seem to fix themselves anywhere from 15 minutes to 2 hours later, which is a lot of down time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Instant 105 slow connection, high drop on rf, and high cpu usage

Posted Oct 15, 2014 03:24 PM
    I wouldn't recommend having more than 4 SSIDs enabled that's going cripple your wireless environment

You need to enabled drop broadcast / multicast

Did you guys performed a wireless survey to allocate those APs ?

• 3.  RE: Instant 105 slow connection, high drop on rf, and high cpu usage

Posted Oct 15, 2014 03:27 PM

Thank you for the reply. We only have 2 SSID's. 2 of the arubas use one of them and the others use the other one (Tech Support and District Office are our SSID's). Sorry if I made that confusing.

• 4.  RE: Instant 105 slow connection, high drop on rf, and high cpu usage

Posted Oct 15, 2014 03:44 PM

As for a wireless survey, we put the AP's in the same location that we used to have apple airports.

• 5.  RE: Instant 105 slow connection, high drop on rf, and high cpu usage

Posted Oct 15, 2014 07:38 PM
    I got confused with some of the information listed.
    But no worries.

What instantOS do you have installed?
    Depending on the distribution of your IAps they might be hearing each too much .
    You should verify that the power Max/Mix are not set to high the default set is usually 27/18
    IF any of your applications doesn't require multicast you should enable drop broadcast/multicast