Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

Instant Access Rules - Access To Only One Local Server

I'm trying to set up what I thought was going to be a simple access rule to restrict Internet access, but still allow access to one specific server on the LAN.

This setup is for only one SSIDs where iPads will be accessing a web based app that on the local server.  What I thought was going to work, but didn't is:

Deny Any

Allow DHCP Any

Allow all services to the IP Address 

I also tried adding in a specific rule to allow http to the IP address and a Custom rule to specifically allow Port 80 to the server's IP.  None of the above worked.

The app is a straight forward web app and only need Port 80

So can anyone tell me what am I missing?  (Did I jut not have enough coffee this morning????)

Thx!

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

Re: Instant Access Rules - Access To Only One Local Server

I resolved the issue.

I finally had a chance to do a factory restart of one of the APs.  I then brought it up by itself (Master), configured everything again and added the rules to the SSID I want restricted.  It tested fine.  

And, as should happen, when I brought up the other APs they got the new image from the Master and all looks good.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
Guru Elite

@PeteMc wrote:

I'm trying to set up what I thought was going to be a simple access rule to restrict Internet access, but still allow access to one specific server on the LAN.

This setup is for only one SSIDs where iPads will be accessing a web based app that on the local server.  What I thought was going to work, but didn't is:

Deny Any

Allow DHCP Any

I also tried adding in a specific rule to allow http to the IP address and a Custom rule to specifically allow Port 80 to the server's IP.  None of the above worked.

The app is a straight forward web app and only need Port 80

So can anyone tell me what am I missing?  (Did I jut not have enough coffee this morning????)

Thx!

Your order is probably wrong.  Tryit this way:

Allow DHCP Any

Deny Any

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.5 User Guide
InstantOS 8.5 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
ArubaOS Consolidated Release Notes
Aruba VIA ASE Solution - Configure VIA VPN
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor I

I resolved the issue.

I finally had a chance to do a factory restart of one of the APs.  I then brought it up by itself (Master), configured everything again and added the rules to the SSID I want restricted.  It tested fine.  

And, as should happen, when I brought up the other APs they got the new image from the Master and all looks good.

View solution in original post

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: