Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant Access Rules - Access To Only One Local Server

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant Access Rules - Access To Only One Local Server

Posted Feb 24, 2013 09:36 AM

I'm trying to set up what I thought was going to be a simple access rule to restrict Internet access, but still allow access to one specific server on the LAN.

This setup is for only one SSIDs where iPads will be accessing a web based app that on the local server.  What I thought was going to work, but didn't is:

Deny Any

Allow DHCP Any

Allow all services to the IP Address 

I also tried adding in a specific rule to allow http to the IP address and a Custom rule to specifically allow Port 80 to the server's IP.  None of the above worked.

The app is a straight forward web app and only need Port 80

So can anyone tell me what am I missing?  (Did I jut not have enough coffee this morning????)

Thx!

• 2.  RE: Instant Access Rules - Access To Only One Local Server

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 24, 2013 09:43 AM

@PeteMc wrote:

I'm trying to set up what I thought was going to be a simple access rule to restrict Internet access, but still allow access to one specific server on the LAN.

This setup is for only one SSIDs where iPads will be accessing a web based app that on the local server.  What I thought was going to work, but didn't is:

Deny Any

Allow DHCP Any

I also tried adding in a specific rule to allow http to the IP address and a Custom rule to specifically allow Port 80 to the server's IP.  None of the above worked.

The app is a straight forward web app and only need Port 80

So can anyone tell me what am I missing?  (Did I jut not have enough coffee this morning????)

Thx!

Your order is probably wrong.  Tryit this way:

Allow DHCP Any

Deny Any

• 3.  RE: Instant Access Rules - Access To Only One Local Server
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 26, 2013 11:43 PM

I resolved the issue.

I finally had a chance to do a factory restart of one of the APs.  I then brought it up by itself (Master), configured everything again and added the rules to the SSID I want restricted.  It tested fine.  

And, as should happen, when I brought up the other APs they got the new image from the Master and all looks good.