Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant Cluster issue uploading certificates

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  Instant Cluster issue uploading certificates

Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:51 PM

Let me start by saying I dont know much about certificates and the only time I have worked with them in the past is when I have someone who knows what they are doing working with me. That said, I am having issues uploading my public signed certificate. My goal was to replace the certificates used for captive portal and for the web interface since I cannot currently use captive portal or manage my cluster with IE since the aruba certificate was revoked.

I purchased a SSL certificate from networksolutions.com and used csrgenerator.com to create my CSR since it seems to be that instant clusters cannot do this. See screen shot below showing the certificates that were sent to me after validation.  I am assuming the one called instant.vijon.com is the one I want to install on my clusters. I first chose to upload this .crt file with the CA type. The upload finished and it is showing as the current CA certificate.  I am guessing this is the one I need to manage my cluster with IT but it doesnt seem to be using this certificate yet since my browser will still not let me past the warning page.

I then tried to upload the certificate as Captive Portal Server type but the upload sat at the screen (on the below screenshot) for 10 minutes and then took me back to the logon screen. When I logged in it did not show me the new certificate and still showed the default one.

I tried the same steps for the Auth Server type and the results were the same as with Captive Portal.

I am sure that my lack of knowledge is to blame here so any help would be greatly appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Instant Cluster issue uploading certificates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:54 PM
    You need to upload the public/private key pair in PEM format.

Take a look at the FAQ >> https://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/ArubaOS-Default-Certificate-Revocation-FAQ-Instant/ta-p/275814

• 3.  RE: Instant Cluster issue uploading certificates

Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:56 PM

I saw that but how do I get my certificate in that format on a windows machine?

• 4.  RE: Instant Cluster issue uploading certificates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 03:59 PM
    There are instructions provided on converting the certificate. You can just combine the private key, public key and chain in notepad.

• 5.  RE: Instant Cluster issue uploading certificates

Posted Sep 16, 2016 04:11 PM
      |   view attached

I applied these commands to my windoes machine and I am currently uploading the .pem file to my cluster. I will let you know if it fails. Thanks for the help.

type AddTrustExternalCARoot > internal.vijon.com.pem
    type DV_NetworkSolutionsDVServerCA2.crt >> internal.vijon.com.pem
    type DV_USERTrustRSACertificationAuthority.crt >> internal.vijon.com.pem
    type instant.vijon.com.crt >> internal.vijon.com.pem

• 6.  RE: Instant Cluster issue uploading certificates

Posted Sep 16, 2016 04:26 PM

The .pem file I create just gave me the same result as before. Sits at uploading screen for 10 minutes and then takes me back to login screen.  

• 7.  RE: Instant Cluster issue uploading certificates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 16, 2016 06:00 PM
    I don't see your private key anywhere in that list.