Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant + Content Filtering / URL Collect on the external

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant + Content Filtering / URL Collect on the external

Posted Jun 08, 2015 09:14 AM

Hi, 

I know in the last version of firmware, the content filtering is integrated at the instant OS (only on the specific hardware platform).
    My customer wants to backup the logs and the urls who are visited by the guest users.
    Do you know if we can collect the visited urls by the guest user on the external syslog server ?

Thanks

Yann

• 2.  RE: Instant + Content Filtering / URL Collect on the external

Posted Jun 11, 2015 08:55 AM

Hi,

I don't think we can collect any such data directly with out Airwave server.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: Instant + Content Filtering / URL Collect on the external

Posted Jun 11, 2015 09:14 AM

Hi Venu,

I was wondering how can you get this data form AMP? I see that under Home > AppRF you can see top desitnations, and applications. However, I was under the impression that the destination data was just based on IP destinations, and the clearpass just resolves the IP to a name in the output. Also under applications the majority just shows as 'https'

Are the URL, or URL Categories actually passed as logs into AMP? Is there any way to look at a device, and see its browsing history. I also have a customer who is currently using bluecoat, and wants to move to Aruba & Brightcloud, however they have a requirement to retain 3 years of browsing history.

What are the options to do this with Aruba? If you enable the 'log' option on the rule, will it log the category and URL to syslog?

Thanks for any info you might have,

_ELiasz

• 4.  RE: Instant + Content Filtering / URL Collect on the external

Posted Jun 11, 2015 10:06 AM

Hi,

We can create a customised report on AppRF and report it as a file.

• 5.  RE: Instant + Content Filtering / URL Collect on the external

Posted Jun 11, 2015 10:47 AM

I tried to generate this report, and it has some valuable information in it. I like that i can create a custom report, and filter for specific users! That is a great function. However, this looks to be specifically AppRF data. I don't think this is taking into account the Brightcloud ACLs which are used to allow or block traffic.

When i run a report for my user, the list of destinations does not seem very complete.

We would like to be able to run a report to show every URL which the user accessed. I don't think this is providing that level of granulatiry.

_ELiasz

• 6.  RE: Instant + Content Filtering / URL Collect on the external

Posted Jul 14, 2017 10:52 AM

Hi, something new about collecting urls for an external syslog server? Is possible in mode IAP?

Att,

apaiva