Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant GUI with AIrwave 7.7.5

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant GUI with AIrwave 7.7.5

Posted Oct 28, 2013 11:29 AM
      |   view attached

I recently upgraded to 7.7.5 from 7.6. I enabled Instant GUI but none of my APs are listed. The APs were configured though the Instant. Now since, I upgrade to 7.7.5 I can no longer manage them.

I'm new to this. Any help is appreciated.

• 2.  RE: Instant GUI with AIrwave 7.7.5

Posted Oct 28, 2013 11:47 AM
      |   view attached

Have you pointed the IAPs to the AMP server "IP address"?

Instant_2013-10-28_11-42-40.png

Attachment(s)

• 3.  RE: Instant GUI with AIrwave 7.7.5

Posted Oct 28, 2013 11:55 AM

Yes. I did point IP to AMP server.

• 4.  RE: Instant GUI with AIrwave 7.7.5

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2013 12:27 PM
      |   view attached

Of the 6 devices that show listed in Airwave, you're stating none of them are your IAP's?

Note that when you initially add the FIRST IAP to Airwave, it will come up as a new device. if you are going to either leverage the template configuraton OR the IAP GUI config from Airwave, you need to initially add a device to the group from which your subsequent devices in that group will derrive its configuraton.

Note that you cannot use BOTH the IAP UI and the AirWave Instant UI to manage/config. If you've pointed the IAP's to Airwave and enabled the IAP GUI config, it will take priority over the local IAP UI. You'll still be able to login to your local IAP cluster, but access will be read only and no changes to the config will be permitted.

I've attached a document from our support site that denotes managing IAP's with AIrwave. Its very helpful and details not only the initial steps, but management as well.

Please reply back if you need more help!

Adam

Attachment(s)

pdf
    DeployingInstantInAirWave.pdf   1.26 MB 1 version

• 5.  RE: Instant GUI with AIrwave 7.7.5

Posted Oct 28, 2013 01:03 PM

One of the 6 is the IAP. The APs show under "UP" not "New Devices". How can I add them to access points if they are not listed under new devices?

• 6.  RE: Instant GUI with AIrwave 7.7.5

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Oct 28, 2013 04:56 PM

Airwave segments devices and configurations with the concept of groups and folders. By allocating your IAP to a group, you'll then be able to enable the IGC from Airwave and manage it.

So, create a new group for this purpose, client on your device list, hit the wrench icon once you've selected your device and move it to the group you've just made. From there, you'll be able to modify your per group settings include the IGC config parametres.

Untitled.png

If you'd like to start with a clean slate, remove the IAP device from Airwave, factory reset the IAP and start over. When you configure the IAP to communicate with Airwave, input the organizational string you'd like it to show up under as your group. If will take a few moments but will communicate with AirWave and come up as a net-new device.

Cheers, Adam

• 7.  RE: Instant GUI with AIrwave 7.7.5

Posted Nov 02, 2013 11:13 AM

I had the same screen when I just upgraded to 7.7.5.

If you click the plus sign next to Access Points, it will expand another column to the left, which will show the name of your virtual controller with a status arrow next to it

Click the virtual controller name - it will highlight and then show the list of Access Points. You can then click the MAC address of the AP you want to edit the settings for.

Screen shots attached for reference. Hope this helps.

• 8.  RE: Instant GUI with AIrwave 7.7.5

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 06, 2013 10:45 AM

This was a known issue that's resolved in the 7.7.6 patch release.  The Access Points list will now show all APs attached to the VC's in the group (this includes APs that were placed in a separate group from the VC).