Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant - Multiple Zones and multiple SSID

This thread has been viewed 6 times
  • 1.  Instant - Multiple Zones and multiple SSID

Posted Jul 06, 2017 10:24 AM

Hi All,

I have a need where someone needs to set up 3 Zones with a mix-and-match of SSID using an Instant VC. There are approximately 40 IAP in this cluster.

Zone 1

-SSID: Guest

-SSID: Corp

-SSID: Secure

Zone 2

-SSID: Secure

-Must not have "Guest"

Zone 3

-SSID: Guest

-Must not have "Secure"

Is this possible? I see that there is a 1:1 relationship between SSID and Zone and AP and Zone. Using AP groups in AOS would be simple to do but we do not have that capability currently.

Alternatively I can use a different "SSID" (profile) but it would need to be the same broadcast name and I'm pretty sure thats not possible either.

Do I have the break the cluster into 3 different ones and manage centrally via Airwave (which we own)? Not ideal.

Ideas/thoughts? Thank you,

-N

• 2.  RE: Instant - Multiple Zones and multiple SSID

Posted Jul 06, 2017 10:30 AM

Not a reply as such, but I am also interested in implementing a setup such as this within my own deployment. For example:- Zone 1 would include (Secure, Guest, BYOD) and Zone 2 (Secure, BYOD, ResNet).

Hopefully this is possible!

• 3.  RE: Instant - Multiple Zones and multiple SSID

Posted Aug 18, 2017 12:41 PM

Hi,

Hope you all well.

In a similar conundrum, i would like to create the following and not sure of the impact;

Zone 1:

SSID: Corp

SSID: Guest

Zone 2:

SSID: Warehouse

On the same IAP Cluster (VC) , i will trial it in the next couple of weeks and see how it works. (never done it before) 

• 4.  RE: Instant - Multiple Zones and multiple SSID

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 18, 2017 02:15 PM

An SSID can only be part of a single zone, so your network as desired is totally doable.