Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant OS - arm rf-summary

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant OS - arm rf-summary

Posted Feb 22, 2017 05:53 AM

Dear Community,

I'm currently trying to find some documentation / info regarding the CLI output of "show ap arm rf-summary" in the Instant OS context.

From the info I collected and what I can observe in the CLI compared with the GUI I conclude the following:

-Q is the quality index of the channel

-N is the noise floor of the channel

-U is the channel utilization of that specific channel.

-Also each "column" of the output reflect 10s of time. I guess the value displayed for 10s is an average and not a Max/Min value.

Next to that I have no idea what the c / s / R value reference to.

Globally if someone has more info regarding this I'm really interested, also don't hesitate to correct me if my "assumptions" above are wrong.

channel_utilization_AP09_rf_summary.jpg

channel_utilization_AP09_details.jpg

Best regards

• 2.  RE: Instant OS - arm rf-summary

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Feb 22, 2017 06:17 AM

I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but it seems that your RF utilization is going to 99% in the middle, which suggests severe non-wifi interference.  Is this the only AP that this is happening to?  How often does it happen?  The suggestion would be to turn the IAP into a spectrum monitor to see if it could identify the source of interference:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/How-to-configure-and-run-Spectrum-monitor-in-Aruba-Instant-APs/ta-p/179698