Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant-On AP 12: Can't find firmware

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Instant-On AP 12: Can't find firmware

Posted Feb 13, 2020 04:39 AM

I'm sorry, all.  But navigating through this community.arubanetworks.com and asp.arubanetworks.com is both a challenge and an art.

I've bought a few AP 12 model units (click here to see what I'm talking about) and am taking them to a site that won't have internet connectivity. 

I really need to figure out where to look, and from where to download, the firmware they will need. 

I believe it's Orion 6.x.x (click here for the page) but the AP12 is not listed as compatible. 

Guidance, please, and thanks.

• 2.  RE: Instant-On AP 12: Can't find firmware

Posted Feb 13, 2020 05:25 AM

Part number from the above pages means this AP12 is also known as:
    R2X01A

• 3.  RE: Instant-On AP 12: Can't find firmware

Posted Feb 13, 2020 05:40 AM

Once I find the file, I can then follow the instructions here:
    Upgrade procedure 

• 4.  RE: Instant-On AP 12: Can't find firmware

Posted Feb 13, 2020 01:48 PM

50 views, still no answer, I'm starting to think there are over 40+ other individuals with the same issue.  I truly cannot find it.  Thanks all for looking thusfar.

• 5.  RE: Instant-On AP 12: Can't find firmware
    Best Answer

Posted Feb 13, 2020 02:52 PM

The Instant Access Points(IAPs) are different from the Instant-on APs. There is also a community dedicated to the Instant-on APs (here) Your question may be better suited for that forum.

That being said, I don't believe there is a way to manually upgrade the firmware on the Instant-On series without having internet access, as they download it from a cloud server. More information can be found here

(Full disclosure, I don't have personal experience with the AP-12, I just wanted to give you more paths to investigate)

• 6.  RE: Instant-On AP 12: Can't find firmware

Posted Feb 21, 2020 05:10 AM

You, good sir of my former stomping grounds (Northampton County, PA) were spot-on.  Guess I'll schlep on over that way.  Thanks!