Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant Software Download

This thread has been viewed 237 times
  • 1.  Instant Software Download

Posted Apr 10, 2018 05:17 PM

I am having difficulty downloading the latest Aruba Instant OS for 205 APs. Prior times I've updated, I was able to go to the AP and select Maintenance, Firmware, Check for New Version, but when I do so now, I get the message "Received no response from the server". When I try to manually update, I browse to http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/Command/Core_ViewDetails/Default.aspx?EntryId=25165 and the latest version is from last year and older than what I have installed already. 

I don't have a support contract for a 3 WAP install, but I thought with a lifetime warranty, the FW would be able to be updated, any ideas where I can find this would be appreciated.

I am currently running version 6.5.3.0-6.5.3.

Thanks,

Paul

• 2.  RE: Instant Software Download

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 10, 2018 06:27 PM

• 3.  RE: Instant Software Download

Posted Apr 11, 2018 10:25 AM

I appreciate the link, but that is the one I was referencing in the initial post. What I can't find is the latest version of the software to download and install manually vs. the auto update from the iAP's. Is it possible to download the latest software?

• 4.  RE: Instant Software Download

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 11, 2018 11:15 AM

You would need a support contract to download anything besides what is at that link.

• 5.  RE: Instant Software Download

Posted Jun 27, 2019 10:09 AM

Does this mean that 8.4.x will only be available to those with support contracts or soon it will be available to all?

• 6.  RE: Instant Software Download

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 27, 2019 10:32 AM

Please see specifics here:  https://www.arubanetworks.com/assets/faq/FAQ_product_warranty.pdf

The limited lifetime warranty software site has the latest shipping image for each access point.  When the image that hardware is shipped for each platform is updated, that is when the website is updated.  Users who have support contracts have access to all the software downloads.  As soon as 8.4 is the shipping image (no timetable for that), it will be on the limited warranty website.