Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant VPN, Distribiuted, L2 IP Address Range?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instant VPN, Distribiuted, L2 IP Address Range?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 04:51 AM

Hello,

I have a question about Instant VPN with Distribiuted, L2 for guest access.

Let's assume that we have 3 branch one for 64 address and other two for 32.

We are using network 10.0.0.0/24 just for that. Controller in HQ has vlan inteface address 10.0.0.1 for guest network.

What should I put in IP Address Range in each branch? Sparate range for each branch like (10.0.0.128-10.0.0.191, 10.0.0.192-10.0.0.223, 10.0.0.224-10.0.0.255) ?? Or just one big range and BID algorithm take care about it based on Branch Size??

IAP_DHCP_range.png

• 2.  RE: Instant VPN, Distribiuted, L2 IP Address Range?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 08:37 AM

BID Algorithm will take care of splitting it up based on branch size.

See below from the Instant 4.1 user guide.

Capture.JPG

• 3.  RE: Instant VPN, Distribiuted, L2 IP Address Range?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 08:43 AM

I thought so also but today I lost my confidence today when I started have issue with one of network that traffic is not passing to tunnel. Thanks for response. 

• 4.  RE: Instant VPN, Distribiuted, L2 IP Address Range?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 08:44 AM
    Make sure your routing rules are correct.

• 5.  RE: Instant VPN, Distribiuted, L2 IP Address Range?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 08:51 AM

There are correct, I hope and mostly that configuration is working but it happen few times that traffic is not passing in tunnel. IP is assigned and thats all, no traffic is going to tunnel. Strange things is that other SSID that it is tunneled in that time works fine.

On AP i see that kind of error but i don't kow if it mean somthing important:

stm|  Unexpected stm (Station management) runtime error at update_sta_flag, 2208, Doesn't send rc_stop_acct_req when captive portal + auth mode

or 

Could not add ECP rule: ECP profile 'CaptivePortal' not found

Rafal

• 6.  RE: Instant VPN, Distribiuted, L2 IP Address Range?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 09:17 AM

I think we manage find some temporary solution how to fix issue till next occurs.

Change Captive portal profile form custom name to default, save settings and get back again to custom name.

I try to open TAC ticket and describe that issue and inform You about results.

Instant firmware: 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666

• 7.  RE: Instant VPN, Distribiuted, L2 IP Address Range?

Posted Jan 13, 2016 08:50 AM
    Make sure that the ip pool designated for the IAPs in the controller is routable in your network