Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant Virtual Controller Firmware updates

This thread has been viewed 34 times
  • 1.  Instant Virtual Controller Firmware updates

Posted Jun 08, 2020 05:51 PM

I have an Instant cluster consisting of one IAP-345 and a bunch of IAP-305s I am trying to upgrade.  Currently the virtual controller shows it's running 8.4.0.5_xxxxx firmware.  When I hit the 'Check for New Version' button on the web interface it kicks back a message saying "Received no response from server".

IP, default gateway, and DNS all look good.  I can ping outside IPs and URLs from the controller IP.  NTP (as referenced in some other topics) seems to be working, as a 'show clock' gives me the right time.  Not using AirWave or Central.  I exempted the controller IP address from all filtering on our firewall just to rule that out with no change.

What am I missing here, or do I need to just punch in the URL to get these to update to the latest release?

• 2.  RE: Instant Virtual Controller Firmware updates

• 3.  RE: Instant Virtual Controller Firmware updates

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 16, 2020 07:12 PM

you can check on your firewall to see if there are any drops from that IP address. Alternatively you can download the firmware from asp.arubanetworks.com