Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant firmware upgrade issue

This thread has been viewed 4 times
  • 1.  Instant firmware upgrade issue

Posted Jul 22, 2017 10:24 AM
    My IAP 305s are running with firmware 6.5.1.0-4.3.1.0_57768. The latest version available is 6.5.2.0. I tried to upgrade the firmware manually but got the error "Invalid Image File".

Then I tried "Automatic" and it said there is "-- No new version available --".

Next I tried the debug-download command and was able to successfully connected to the image server but the images are not available(I tried two version).

The firmware filename is ArubaInstant_Vela_6.5.2.0_59123

• 2.  RE: Instant firmware upgrade issue
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2017 10:28 AM

For the 305 it should be Ursa.

Please see the limited lifetime warranty upgrade page here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/EntryId/25165/Default.aspx

• 3.  RE: Instant firmware upgrade issue

Posted Jul 22, 2017 10:42 AM

Thanks. Do you know why my support page only have Vela? 

Another question: are the MIB file the same? or there is a Ursa version of MIB? 

• 4.  RE: Instant firmware upgrade issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 22, 2017 02:45 PM

Mib files are the same across all models.

What is the URL of your support page?

• 5.  RE: Instant firmware upgrade issue

Posted Jul 24, 2017 02:13 PM

HPE Support -> My Networking Portal

I clicked one of my registered 305 AIP and it took me to the firmware page contains only Velsa firmware...

• 6.  RE: Instant firmware upgrade issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 24, 2017 04:31 PM

If you could paste in the URL, and a screenshot, that would be good.  Meanwhile, please use the URL that I posted above...