Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instant with IPSEC Tunnel to Controller

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  Instant with IPSEC Tunnel to Controller

Posted Jan 08, 2013 04:03 AM

Hi there,

I would like to use IAPs for a customer with many branches. I plan to use a small controller at the central site as VPN concentrator for the IAPs for central outbreak guest access.

To choose the right controller I need to know if  every IAP in an IAP group opens his own IPSEC Tunnel or is only the master opening one per IAP grp.

Which license is needed on the central controller that is only doing vpn termination. In my opinion just one PEFNG should be enough to enable VPN.

regards

Oliver

• 2.  RE: Instant with IPSEC Tunnel to Controller

Posted Jan 11, 2013 06:52 PM

The VC of an IAP group will create a single IPSec tunnel to the controller.

With AOS 6.2 running on the controller there are no licenses specifically needed.  The VPN concentrator function is part of the Base OS.  There was a bug, however, in the 6.1 Technology Release, and PEFV was a workaround.

• 3.  RE: Instant with IPSEC Tunnel to Controller

Posted Jul 31, 2013 04:27 AM

Is it only possible to set-up an IPSec tunnel to an Aruba controller from IAP or is it possible to any IPSec capable node?

• 4.  RE: Instant with IPSEC Tunnel to Controller

• 5.  RE: Instant with IPSEC Tunnel to Controller

Posted Aug 13, 2013 10:10 AM

I have tried to create an IPSEC tunnel to a firewall, but without success. I can not set any pre-shared keys and I do not understand how to use and load certificates in order to create IPSEC tunnels to a FW.

The manual does not show any details unfortunately.

Any suggestions?

• 6.  RE: Instant with IPSEC Tunnel to Controller

Posted Aug 28, 2013 11:40 AM

It is not true that IAP can create IPSec to the firewall. You can do Instant VPN only between Instant VC and Aruba Controller, however in 6.2.1.0-3.4 there is a support for L2TPv3. 

Regards,