Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Instantconfig on AW - cant set DRP ...it's all the time going back to gray.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Instantconfig on AW - cant set DRP ...it's all the time going back to gray.

Posted Jan 03, 2016 06:32 AM

Hi Guys,

Good morning,

We are deploying a small POC at a client site in order to show the abilities of controlling and configuring INSTANTAP groups via the AIRWAVE.

We install AW version 8.0.10 and configured two IAP215 units to work in front of it.

We are using the INSTANTCONFIG ability in the AW (not template) , everything we enabling the DRP the AW not letting us save to apply...

Why?

Please advise.

Without AW , it's giving us the ability to configure the DRP... why the AirWave dosent let us do it?

Regards,

Me

• 2.  RE: Instantconfig on AW - cant set DRP ...it's all the time going back to gray.

Posted Jan 03, 2016 08:06 AM

there article seems to indicate you need a fixed IP for the VC

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/tkb/articleprintpage/tkb-id/MonitoringManagementLocationTracking/article-id/743

do you have that?

• 3.  RE: Instantconfig on AW - cant set DRP ...it's all the time going back to gray.

Posted Jan 03, 2016 08:12 AM
    virutal ip already configure...but still unable to set the drp via the aw

• 4.  RE: Instantconfig on AW - cant set DRP ...it's all the time going back to gray.

Posted Jan 04, 2016 07:29 AM
    you have to go into Airwave settings under the group and enable the setting that allows you to select the country setting... on my phone now so can't post screenshot

• 5.  RE: Instantconfig on AW - cant set DRP ...it's all the time going back to gray.

Posted Jan 04, 2016 07:37 AM
    I meant Airwave settings under the group IGC section.

• 6.  RE: Instantconfig on AW - cant set DRP ...it's all the time going back to gray.

Posted Jan 04, 2016 01:04 PM

i was thinking about that page also pmonardo, but why would the country setting have an effect on the Dynamic Radius Proxy setting?

• 7.  RE: Instantconfig on AW - cant set DRP ...it's all the time going back to gray.
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 04, 2016 06:02 PM

oh crap my mistake, I mixed it with regulatory domains. was my first day back from a lonngg vacation......

DRP is only available to be modified directly on the AP not in the group IGC, so click on the group IGC, select a VC then goto system and edit it there then save...you saying its not letting you do that??

EDIT

here is the pic that shows you can modify it.

Untitled.png