Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Integrated Beacon & AP 535

Hi,

i have an AP 535 with integrated Beacon, but i can't see it with classic application like Beacon scanner.

i have put this config : 

(Instant AP)(config)# ble mode beaconing

(Instant AP)(config)# end

(Instant AP)# commit apply

and i can see it  

show ap debug ble-table all

20:4c:03:84:e2:8a  BT-AP530  DFU App 1.3-44  0x0003  LIA     ONBOARD  --    0       0       4152554E-F99B-4A3B-86D0-947070693A78  -56         7         I:9s         6m:40s

But no beacon scanner can see it, i have seen somewhere that maybe we must have meridian app to activate ....

can somebody help me ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
MVP Guru

Re: Integrated Beacon & AP 535

You will need the Meridian Beacons app and a Meridian subscription to provision the beacon, that also applies for AP beacons.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

View solution in original post

Highlighted
MVP Guru

That sounds correct, the location/proximity beacon functionality is part of Meridian platform. Please contact your local Aruba sales team to discuss your goals and what might be possible.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).

All Replies
Highlighted

What Instant firmware version are you running?

Charlie Clemmer
Aruba Customer Engineering
Highlighted
MVP Guru

You will need the Meridian Beacons app and a Meridian subscription to provision the beacon, that also applies for AP beacons.

--

Highlighted
New Contributor

thx Herman, so we must have a meridian subcription to use integrated beacon or just for starting the beacon and after it's autonomous ?

i ask that because we develop a little app and we don't need the meridian services.

Thx 

Highlighted
MVP Guru

That sounds correct, the location/proximity beacon functionality is part of Meridian platform. Please contact your local Aruba sales team to discuss your goals and what might be possible.

--

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: