Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Integrity check failure in encrypted message

This thread has been viewed 15 times
  • 1.  Integrity check failure in encrypted message

Posted Dec 06, 2015 07:30 AM

Hi,

my customer gots this error message with some users:

MIC.PNG

The IAP cannot receive data from this client because the integrity check of the received message (MIC) has failed.

Recommend checking the encryption setting on the client and on the AP.

do any one have an idea about this issue

• 2.  RE: Integrity check failure in encrypted message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 06, 2015 07:35 AM

Two biggest reasons for this:

1.  Client driver needs to be updated

2. Contention and interference

3.  Clients are being hacked (much less likely)

What is the utilization and noise on that access point for the band that those clients are on?

• 3.  RE: Integrity check failure in encrypted message

Posted Sep 13, 2017 02:15 PM

Colin,

Could this also result from the same WPA2-PSK network being broadcast from other access points (legacy) that haven't been removed?

Alternatively, could it be two nearby IAP clusters - that don't know of eachother - are broadcasting the same SSID and since the keys aren't synced that roaming clients would cause this?

I am troubleshooting this issue currently, and I suspect other APs are remaining from a recent system upgrade.  Suggestions are welcomed.

Many thanks in advance!

• 4.  RE: Integrity check failure in encrypted message

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 14, 2017 05:23 AM

Ryh, does the other installation use the same PSK and same SSID?  You might only see that on your cluster if a foreign client is attempting to connect to your cluster with the right SSID but the wrong PSK....  I could not be sure.

• 5.  RE: Integrity check failure in encrypted message

Posted Apr 10, 2018 04:03 PM

Hello,

I have this problem too. I don't have any old/legacy APs and all my iAPs (26 as for now) are in the same cluster. I'm tracking the devices originating this and they are all Androids. Next step will be check their versions and settings. Will post any discoveries.

Tales

• 6.  RE: Integrity check failure in encrypted message

Posted Aug 21, 2018 10:43 AM

same issue here... pops up with some regularity, but disappears just about as quick