Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

Is Dynamic Multicast Optimization (DMO) or D-DMO enabled by default in IAP firmware 6.4.2.6-4.1.3.1

Hi everyone, I'm following old (and new) documentation showing how to enable DMO but I'm not seeing the option where the screenshots show them but in the IAPs text configureation report tab I can see that a DMO utilization threshold is configured.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-less-WLANs/What-is-Dynamic-Multicast-Optimization-DMO-and-how-it-is/ta-p/179764

Page 95 of attached user guide

Do I need to enable DMO or D-DMO in firmware v6.4.2.6-4.1.3.1 or is it already enabled by default?

Likewise for 'enable broadcast filtering'. There's nothing in the v6.4.2.6-4.1.3.1 GUI to 'enable broadcast filtering' but some of my IAPs have it enabled (ARP) and some don't. I'm assuming some had it configured in an old GUI before I bagan manageing them but that recent firmware updates have moved or hidden the options (and the ability to ssh onto the devices to check/fix it via CLI).

Thanks.

Guru Elite

Re: Is Dynamic Multicast Optimization (DMO) or D-DMO enabled by default in IAP firmware 6.4.2.6-4.1.

The threshold is always configured.  You still need to enable dynamic multicast optimization.  DMO is always disabled by default.

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.3 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: