Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Is it possible to assign more than 1 IP address to the LAN port of an Instant 93%3F

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Is it possible to assign more than 1 IP address to the LAN port of an Instant 93%3F

Posted Mar 15, 2014 09:27 AM

I'm looking for a way to assign e.g. SSID1 to one IP address and SSID2 to another IP address on the same WAP

Cheers

Rob

• 2.  RE: Is it possible to assign more than 1 IP address to the LAN port of an Instant 93%3F

Posted Mar 16, 2014 06:57 PM

Why do you want to assign 2 IPs to the LAN port?  In your setup, you could assign 2 different VLANs to the two different SSIDs, but i am not clear why you'd want 2 IPs on the IAP itself.

• 3.  RE: Is it possible to assign more than 1 IP address to the LAN port of an Instant 93%3F

Posted Mar 18, 2014 11:41 AM

I am also wondering if it is possible. I read that you need to have an IP on the interface for a guest network to be able to get an external captive portal working. Not sure if there is truth to that or not, but that would mean I need an IP on the guest network for the IAP as well.

• 4.  RE: Is it possible to assign more than 1 IP address to the LAN port of an Instant 93%3F

Posted Mar 18, 2014 02:30 PM

there is a difference between an IP on an AP and an IP on the LAN port. for the guest network you probably create a local subnet with the IAP as the default gateway (not the LAN port) and there is your IP.

not quite sure an IP is also needed on an instant for redirect though.

• 5.  RE: Is it possible to assign more than 1 IP address to the LAN port of an Instant 93%3F

Posted Mar 18, 2014 02:32 PM

I don't use the IAP as the gateway for any of my wireless networks.