Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Looking to enable Network-based restrictions on IAP via Airwave to narrow what clients can access

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Looking to enable Network-based restrictions on IAP via Airwave to narrow what clients can access

Posted Mar 17, 2015 04:12 PM

I am looking to restrict client access within the instant config (Airwave) to prevent clients from access specific resources outside their vlan.

• 2.  RE: Looking to enable Network-based restrictions on IAP via Airwave to narrow what clients can access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2015 04:15 PM
    When you edit an SSID, the 4th tab (Access) is where you can set network based restrictions for either the SSID or roles.

Thanks,
    Tim

• 3.  RE: Looking to enable Network-based restrictions on IAP via Airwave to narrow what clients can access

Posted Mar 17, 2015 04:17 PM

Thank you however when i apply the restrictions in the following manner.

allow dhcp to dhcpserver 

allow dns to dns server

allow http to internal webserver

then

deny all to all destinations to prevent other access 

i get no ip address on the client

• 4.  RE: Looking to enable Network-based restrictions on IAP via Airwave to narrow what clients can access

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2015 04:41 PM

You need to allow DHCP to any.  The client's first request is not directed at a DHCP server, it is a broadcast, so with your current settings, it will get dropped.