Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor II

Losing wireless access.

We have 7010 controller with certification based authentication. For last couple of months we are having issue where laptop fails to get dhcp lease from dhcp server. If we reboot the controller everything works fine. This is happening frequently now.

Wired network works fine without any challenges.

MVP Guru

Re: Losing wireless access.

Is the DHCP server located on the controller or externally? What version of code is this? Is there any entries in the logs for the particular client? Do you have enough free leases?

ACMP, ACSA, ACDX #985
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Occasional Contributor II

It is external dhcp running windows. pool is free and can provide lease on wired network at a same time when issue is observed.

version - 6.5.4.13

Highlighted
MVP Guru

This type of issues can have multiple root causes and it is hard to assist on a forum. I would recommend contacting your Aruba partner or Aruba Technical Support for further investigation or troubleshooting.

--
If you have urgent issues, please contact your Aruba partner or Aruba TAC (click for contact details).
Guru Elite

@agirme wrote:

We have 7010 controller with certification based authentication. For last couple of months we are having issue where laptop fails to get dhcp lease from dhcp server. If we reboot the controller everything works fine. This is happening frequently now.

Wired network works fine without any challenges.

Is it possible that you are accidentally giving out the default gateway as one of your  dhcp ip addresses?

*Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.*
ArubaOS 8.4 User Guide
InstantOS 8.3 User Guide
Airheads Knowledgebase
Airheads Learning Videos
Aruba Central Documentation
Aruba Technical Webinars
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: