Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 3 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Master local issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Master local issue

Posted Oct 22, 2018 11:25 AM

Hi All,

We have two Master-backup controllers 7210 (these two controllers also acting as centralized license server)having 6.4.2.5 code and these controllers associated with 190+ local controller with the same code, we are adding more local 7005 controllers and 305 APs for new sites.

305 APs minimum AOS requirement is 6.5.1.0 as the master has 6.4.2.5, local controller cannot be associate if local has the higher code as compare to Master controller (This is what our architect team advised us)

Without higher code 305 APs will not work, can somebody advice how to resolve this issue.

• 2.  RE: Master local issue

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 22, 2018 11:34 AM

All controllers in Master/Local will need to run the same firmware version. You would either need to upgrade the 6.4.2.5 controllers to 6.5.x to support the AP305 OR configure the controllers which are hosting AP305 as standalone controllers running 6.5.x code.

Don't forget that any controllers which are converted to Standalone will also need the relevant licenses as to my knowledge the license server needs to be running a high AOS firmware then the clients it is serving.

• 3.  RE: Master local issue

Posted Oct 22, 2018 11:57 AM

Thanks for the response, few sites we are upgrading 205 to 305 APs and I need to make local controller to standalone controller and remove the controller details from master whitelist then no need to install the license on the standalone controller( i got this update from my senior team), will it go to work?

• 4.  RE: Master local issue

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 22, 2018 12:00 PM
    Hey, that is correct.

• 5.  RE: Master local issue

Posted Oct 24, 2018 01:06 AM

Can configuration sync will happen between master and local controller if the code on both controllers is different?

I am planning to pull the configuration from master to the local controller then convert local controller  to standalone kindly confirm

• 6.  RE: Master local issue
    Best Answer

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Oct 24, 2018 02:19 AM
    It is unsupported if the code on the Master and Local is different.

Your best bet is to upgrade/downgrade the proposed Standalone controller to 6.4.x, join it as a Local Controller to the Master so the configuration sync will occur then remove the controller and convert to Standalone.

Sent from my iPhone