Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment

Posted Mar 03, 2019 10:52 AM

Hi Folks,

May I know if there is a maximum number of Virtual Controllers on A single Group in Airwave using an Instant GUI Config (IGC) . I have an nationwide deployment with 200 VC's. Since they will have the same configuration I am planning to put them in a single Group using IGC setup. Can this be done or not? 

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 03, 2019 07:51 PM

There are no restrictions. However, equipment performance is affected.

• 3.  RE: Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment

Posted Mar 04, 2019 09:08 AM

When you say equipment performance is this pertaining to the performance of the airwave server or the actual client to IAP connection?

• 4.  RE: Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment

MVP GURU
    Posted Mar 04, 2019 09:14 AM

Airwave server performance

• 5.  RE: Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment

Posted Mar 04, 2019 09:29 AM

So you guys are saying that if i had enough server resources for my airwave server I can put thousand of VC's inside a single group using IGC setup?

• 6.  RE: Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 04, 2019 09:09 PM
    Yes.
    With many settings and equipment interworking, the airwave server needs to fetch and process the AP information, and when this information is large, the equipment is under load.

• 7.  RE: Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment

Posted Mar 04, 2019 10:12 PM

Thank you guys..

• 8.  RE: Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 13, 2019 03:59 AM

Hello Cyberbenj,

There is no official recommendation as such. However, i have seen issues, if the customer's have more than 2000 VC's from single group. suggestion is to have two group's if you have 2000 VC's, it will also be easy for Airwave to push the config for 1000 devices once, compare to 2000.  This would not affect much by just editing two group's VC config instead of one, but  it will definetly save lot of delay in processing the request and resource consuming.