Controllerless Networks

Highlighted
New Contributor

Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment

Hi Folks,

May I know if there is a maximum number of Virtual Controllers on A single Group in Airwave using an Instant GUI Config (IGC) . I have an nationwide deployment with 200 VC's. Since they will have the same configuration I am planning to put them in a single Group using IGC setup. Can this be done or not? 

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Contributor II

RE: Maximum VC's on Airwave using IGC deployment

There are no restrictions. However, equipment performance is affected.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Contributor II

Yes.
With many settings and equipment interworking, the airwave server needs to fetch and process the AP information, and when this information is large, the equipment is under load.

All Replies
Highlighted
Contributor II

There are no restrictions. However, equipment performance is affected.

Highlighted
New Contributor

When you say equipment performance is this pertaining to the performance of the airwave server or the actual client to IAP connection?

Highlighted
MVP Guru Elite

Airwave server performance

PowerArubaSW: Powershell Module to use Aruba Switch API for Vlan, VlanPorts, LACP, LLDP... More info

PowerArubaCP: Powershell Module to use ClearPass API (create NAD, Guest...) More info

PowerArubaCX: Powershell Module to use ArubaCX API (get interface/vlan/ports info)

PowerArubaIAP: Powershell Module to use Aruba Instant AP

PowerArubaMC: Powershell Module to use Mobility Controller / Master

ACMP 6.4 / ACMX #107 / ACCP 6.5 / ACSP
Highlighted
New Contributor

So you guys are saying that if i had enough server resources for my airwave server I can put thousand of VC's inside a single group using IGC setup?

Highlighted
Contributor II

Yes.
With many settings and equipment interworking, the airwave server needs to fetch and process the AP information, and when this information is large, the equipment is under load.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thank you guys..

Highlighted

Hello Cyberbenj,

There is no official recommendation as such. However, i have seen issues, if the customer's have more than 2000 VC's from single group. suggestion is to have two group's if you have 2000 VC's, it will also be easy for Airwave to push the config for 1000 devices once, compare to 2000.  This would not affect much by just editing two group's VC config instead of one, but  it will definetly save lot of delay in processing the request and resource consuming.

-If you got what you need with my answer please give kudos and mark it as solution.
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: