Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Mesh With IAP 275

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Apr 09, 2014 07:53 AM
      |   view attached

Dear all,

I want use IAP 275 in the outdoor and I want use the mesh for the backhaul,

Is there any one that tries it before?

Is it recommended or not 

• 2.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 09, 2014 08:00 AM

There is currently no Instant version of the 275.   It is forthcoming.

• 3.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 09, 2014 08:41 AM

Additionally, the 275, currently, does not support Mesh.  Mesh will be available in the middle of the year.

• 4.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Jun 12, 2014 01:22 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SUMREAMLY ANNOYING WHY RELEASE APRODUCT THAT IS NOT FULLY FUNCTIONAL

SURLEY A MANGMENT DEAD LINE TO MARKET AND THE CUSTOMERS SUFFER

• 5.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Jun 13, 2014 01:45 AM

Aruba does its best to state what features are available at launch.  In the 275s case (plus other 802.11ac APs) mesh was not available.  As such, it is stated in the products Technical Sepcifications sheet that Mesh would be available at a later date.

• 6.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Jun 13, 2014 08:19 AM
    Again a rush to market. sure sounds like" hey not our fault you didn't read the documents more closley"

It's rediculous to release a product of that class with out mesh.
    It was a rush to market and a bad business decsion.

Sent from my HTC

• 7.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Aug 21, 2014 07:55 PM

I Agree,

I don't beleive the orginal specifications stated that meshing was not available! I read it in the firmware notes (when i was trying to mesh two IAP-224's). There was nothing on the Aruaba page which made it CLEAR meshing was not supported. It may have been documented but not even our supplier was aware of the limitation untill i called them!

Here is what the spec documents state:

Wireless mesh*
    -Wireless mesh connections are convenient where

Ethernet drops are not available.

*Available Q3 2014 

Also why would you realease a product such as the 274  without mesh support which is more or less designed for backhaul and access. Does not make sense Aruba! I currently have two 274's  and another two 224's sitting on my desk which are currently giant paperweights :(

• 8.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Aug 22, 2014 01:15 PM

The 275 is an excellent solution for two of our AP needs - simplifying cabling, mounting and AP-temperature control in our freezers.

We're quite happy they "rushed to market"

I do agree that the meshing issue could have been more clearly communicated, but am stil lhappy to have the AP earlier rather than having to wait for all features to be baked in.

• 9.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Oct 23, 2014 10:17 AM

Hello,

anyone have precision about the release date for mesh on 802.11ac platform ? (AOS ans Instant)

regards

Yann

• 10.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Oct 23, 2014 10:20 AM

It is in BETA now.  The expected release date is end Nov. to mid Dec.

• 11.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Oct 23, 2014 05:59 PM

Mid December 2015 :)

• 12.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Oct 24, 2014 03:28 AM

arff ....at beginning, it was mi-nov and now mi-dec ... :( for two versions ? AOS & Instant 

• 13.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Nov 20, 2014 03:08 AM

Hi everybody,

while it's in BETA now for few days/weeks just open a case and ask for this release :

Aruba Instant Mesh Beta Release

ArubaInstant_Centaurus_6.4.3.0-4.1.2.0_47100

i dont see a problem why this wouldnt be provided to anyone who requests so everybody can give feedback

thanks!

ben

• 14.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Nov 26, 2014 04:46 AM
    can you share your OS? your OS link, I mean. since I want to assist a friend in remote area with 274 model.

thanks.

• 15.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Nov 26, 2014 05:52 AM

See cjoseph's post , i agree with him and i cant/wont provide software download, while this wasnt ever the plan , also not via PM or whatever.

if you are Aruba Customer with valid ArubaCare/Maintenance/Support and have one of those affected products, please open case and discuss with Aruba Support/TAC team , they should decide to provide or not to provide you the beta release

i dont see it as a problem to provide this to customers if they are willing to test beta in production or for eval/demo , i never received a beta upon request from support team, -> neither i ever needed a beta , i just was informed by my sales guys that this Beta is available and so Aruba Support should decide if they want to provide to let customers in field test their Software and are "happy" again instead of being angry about the non-mesh in the IAP274/275...

thanks!
    ben

• 16.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Dec 17, 2014 06:30 PM

Hi everyone,

Have tested the beta on 2 x 224's. Have found they take some time to mesh and initially was only getting about 300Mbs (the access points are sitting right next to each other) after some time this crept up to about 600Mbs. Dont have any thing else to report other then it works :)

• 17.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Feb 12, 2015 10:57 AM

Hi Mark

Which antennas did you use? How did you measure the 600Mbps throughput? Any special config on the RF part?

Thanks,

David

• 18.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Feb 15, 2015 05:41 PM

G'day David,

Just used some antenna's that come off a couple of old procurves probly not the best antenna to use. I used the support page then ran show ap mesh link, i havent done a actual file copy or anything like that yet. On the config part there is nothing special to do unless your trying to bridge a switch or another network.

• 19.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 26, 2014 05:03 AM

@bg wrote:

Hi everybody,

while it's in BETA now for few days/weeks just open a case and ask for this release :

Aruba Instant Mesh Beta Release

ArubaInstant_Centaurus_6.4.3.0-4.1.2.0_47100

i dont see a problem why this wouldnt be provided to anyone who requests so everybody can give feedback

thanks!

ben

bg,

Because if it it does not work throughly or it is not tested properly, we run the risk of destroying a production network.  The cost of a network that is broken rises considerably when it is outdoors.   We must test it properly before it gets into regular people's hands at this time.  We do not want customers to assume the risk for preproduction software unless they agree to do so and it is a controlled environment.

• 20.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Jun 02, 2014 02:11 PM

HI ,

IAP275 is now avialable, what about Mesh , is this working now finally ?

Regarding IAP275 and PPPOE uplink , i want to create a 2x IAP275 cluster where one of those IAP275 is the uplink with connected PPPOE modem , the other one is added via Mesh . I checked the PPPOE guide and it seems the PPPOE is priorized and if not available it tries getting dhcp ip adress. while the connected DSL modem is only offering PPPOE dialup , how the InstantAP reacts when the PPPOE link is temporary not available, does it chooses piper adress , or does it periodically rebooting ,

im asking cause the cluster is far away and if pppoe is not available temporary im lost if the IAP doesnt reboot periodacally to dialup again if it stays on dhcp-piper adress. anyone tested this setup once ?

thanks

ben

• 21.  RE: Mesh With IAP 275

Posted Jun 02, 2014 02:37 PM

Unfortunately mesh on the 802.11ac APs will not be available till around Q4CY.