Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Mixed environment upgrade IAP-105 and IAP-225, how can i do it?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  Mixed environment upgrade IAP-105 and IAP-225, how can i do it?

Posted Oct 08, 2014 11:48 AM

hi, i have a mixed environment network with 2x IAP105 and 2x IAP225. The IAP225 is the master controller.

How can i ugrade the firmware in this scenario?

Thanks.

• 2.  RE: Mixed environment upgrade IAP-105 and IAP-225, how can i do it?

• 3.  RE: Mixed environment upgrade IAP-105 and IAP-225, how can i do it?
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 08, 2014 01:33 PM

If they are currently running on the same version of code and in the same cluster you have 2 options.

The first is to do a manual upgrade to the latest GA release from the TAC website using the link victorfabian provided.

The second option is to use the automatic upgrade feature under the Maintenance tab.  If the VC finds a more current version than the cluster is currently running it will ask you if you want to upgrade.  If you click Ok it will automatically upgrade all IAPs in the cluster -- even mixed HW.  Just keep in mind that the version on the TAC site is the latest release and the automatic upgrade version usually lags behind the TAC site by several months.  For example, as of today the current GA version is v.4.1.1.0 where the version posted for cloud upgrades is v.4.0.0.7.

• 4.  RE: Mixed environment upgrade IAP-105 and IAP-225, how can i do it?

Posted Oct 09, 2014 09:57 AM

Thank you both for the quick and helpfull replies.

Luis Lopes